Monday, December 29, 2014
You can now listen to music by Yamir! If this sells big, it'll prove that he and Chelsea from 90 Day Fiance made the right choice to come to America because their newfound fame will bring them in a bunch of cash. Listen and purchase here. I'm listening now and it's okay. I'm not super enamored by it but it's okay. It's a heck of a lot better than his freestyle rap on last night's 90 Day Fiance reunion!
Speaking of 90 Day Fiance, how funny was it when the host tried every possible way to say that Mohamed's faking his relationship with Danielle? The thing is, I'm not convinced that he lied all that much in this last episode - he straight up said that he's not really that into her and partially wanted to come to the US for a new adventure. Something notable is that someone (presumably a friend of Danielle's) on the 90 Day Fiance Facebook group said that TLC producers tried to get her to talk Danielle out of marrying Mohamed. And when Mohamed talked about walking out during the reunion special, Danielle said a former friend tried to get Mohamed to leave her. Mohamed said it wasn't like that. That could coincide with the post on the Facebook group - Danielle is probably missing part of the story, if that is the case.
Kourtney Kardashian revealed the name of her new baby! Drumroll please...she went with....Reign Aston Disick. WHAT?!?! Reign like, he reigns over a kingdom? And Aston like Aston Martin? I'm not sure I would have chosen a name that will constantly be mispronounced as Ashton and has the sound of the word "ass" right in the beginning. I guess after Kim named her daughter North because it meant highest power (of which I am not convinced, for the record), her kid had to have a name that means royalty.
When asked if 90 days are enough before a marriage, Mohamed jumped right in. He said people need 90 days to adjust. He also said something about people being judged for wanting to come to the country. This hit a nerve with Daya, who cried and said it hurts to be called a gold digger and ungrateful. Cassia said people feel as if they have the right to judge her - which is fair except that she put her life on TV and opened herself to being judged.
Jason revealed that he and Cassia had only spent 32 physical days together before she came to the states. Cassia said she knew they had a connection, even with the short time frame. Justin and Evelin had 21 days.
Yamir said that he felt that Chelsea would be happy in the US, so that's where they needed to be. Chelsea questioned whether she was manipulative and awful like people said she was, but she knows she did the right thing.
Daya addressed the issue with the ring - she basically said she's okay with the ring being fake as long as Brett was honest about it, and she felt she was being dishonest. She acted out because she was hurt. Brett, in turn, was hurt because of Daya's actions.
Justin justified not telling his family that he was engaged because he'd never told his family about people he dates. He thinks his family was shocked that he was engaged in general, not necessarily because Evelin was from Colombia. Cassia agreed about Jason being private about his life. Brett said he wanted to meet a woman from the Philippines because divorce is not part of Filipino culture, and he wants that as part of his life.
Next we got to Danielle and Mohamed. Mohamed said it was not love in the beginning because there was not enough time. He said part of the decision to be together was 60% Danielle and 40% doing something new (or something like that). Danielle cried silently as Mohamed said this. Mohamed said he doesn't show affection in public because of his religion. Danielle chimed in - people on social media and in Danielle's family don't think Mohamed loves her. Mohamed said love is bigger than kissing and hugging. He said people use the words "I love you" lightly here (and he said he does love Danielle, by the way). Danielle said not being able to work is hard for Mohamed. He gave up his life to come to the US. He was asked if he gave it up for a new life or for love - he said again that it's not just about love. He rambled a bit more and I think it confused me - generally, it seemed like he came to the US for a change, not necessarily for Danielle.
Danny and Amy discussed why they waited to be married to have sex. Danny said it's because intimacy is about emotional connection, and they wanted that first. Danielle and Mohamed said they also waited to have sex. We went to a clip where Mohamed said "Danielle is acceptable for me". Danielle interpreted it as that it means Mohamed thinks she's beautiful and it's a language barrier that caused that faux pas.
Danny and Amy were asked why they jumped in at a young age, and Amy said, "Why not?" and that they can live the rest of their lives together. Then, the issue of Danny's dad's racism was addressed. Danny and Amy said they continued to want a relationship with Danny's dad despite his closed-mindedness. It turns out that they've changed his mind at least a little and now have a good relationship. They're not there 100% but are getting closer.
The Americans and the immigrants were split to separate couches. They were asked if anyone was here for a green card. Mohamed said some junk about how he can't answer that question because it wouldn't be truthful to say the green card wasn't a factor at all. Brett addressed the fact that no matter what the relationship, people will say the person coming to the states is in it for the green card.
The video of Mohamed visiting an attorney on his wedding day came up. Mohamed said he did it because marriage ties together everything in people's lives. Danielle said she was upset because she should have gone too. Mohamed said he didn't see a problem with the way this went down. Amy said she couldn't imagine Danny seeing a lawyer on the wedding day and it must be hard. Mohamed said the main reason he saw a lawyer was that they're both responsible for everything financial going forward. Danielle admitted she wasn't upfront about finances but they didn't have to do with Mohamed, they had to do with her ex. Mohamed was asked if he's happier now being married to Danielle, he said no. But he said no because he's sitting at home not working with all of the drama in his life.
It was noted that Yamir may have given up the most because he gave up a music career. Chelsea was asked if she felt hypocritical for not moving to Chicago to help Yamir's American music career. Chelsea defended herself by saying they're just starting out and that moving to Chicago can be in the cards, just not yet.
We saw the video of Danielle crying before her wedding as Mohamed debated going through with it. Looking back, Danielle said it was hard because she didn't know what Mohamed was going to do. Daya admitted that she too had cold feet - she felt overwhelmed before the wedding. That anxiety fed into Brett's, and they wanted to make sure they were 100% sure they wanted to go through with it. We saw the video of Brett's mom pretty much telling him not to go through with the wedding, and Daya hearing her say it. Daya said watching the video was hard because in her culture, she has to respect her mother in law, and she didn't realize that her mother had these feelings towards her. Brett said it was hard to deal with the wedge being driven between Daya and his mom.
The host asked everyone - is this really happily ever after? Amy and Danny were asked how their first night as a married couple went. Danny said it was amazing and adds a whole new level of intimacy. He said the practical things weren't simple, but they were told that's something people work on.
Danielle and Mohamed's lack of kissing at the altar came up. Mohamed said if they had married outside of Ramadan, they would have kissed. Mohamed was asked if he moved out when he left Danielle's house. He said he was in a hotel. Danielle said a former friend tried to get Mohamed to leave her during that time - Mohamed said that isn't true. The pair is still together and trying to work things out.
Jason said he loves being with Cassia but guilty when she has a bad day. Justin said the best part was day one of picking Evelin up. The worst thing was seeing her miss her family. Daya said they don't have communication with Brett's mom at this time but time can heal things. Danny said things are good with his dad and he's making an effort with Amy. Yamir said he's working on his music and sang a sample. He did a freestyle rap about the people in the room. It was a bit awkward but he said he was nervous.
Brett closed the session out by saying it was cool to meet everyone and hear their stories. He was happy to be there with everyone.
Sunday, December 21, 2014
Jason and Cassia
- We left off with Cassia being upset because Jason went off with his guys for his bachelor party against Cassia's wishes.
- Jason wanted time to talk to his friends alone. He told his friends he's scared because Cassia is very emotional and he's afraid Cassia will blow up at him.
- His friend advised Jason that getting married is the easy part; he has to realize that he's all Cassia has. He asked how Jason felt leaving Cassia alone, and he didn't feel great about it. He texted Cassia that he missed her. Jason decided to leave and be with Cassia.
- Despite their issues, Jason and Cassia decided to move forward with the wedding.
- Jason seemed to get a mix of resistance and support from his family.
- Cassia worried that she was doing the right thing. I worried that Cassia's wedding dress was ridiculously revealing! Was that a partially sheer dress? Could you see her belly button?
- Jason's dad walked Cassia down the aisle. He seemed so much happier with Cassia than when she first arrived.
- Jason said he felt clarity; he knew he was doing the right thing.
- The pair shared a passionate kiss at the end of a beautiful ceremony, showing that despite everything, they can make this work.
Danielle and Mohamed
- Danielle said she and Mohamed were doing well until her electricity was turned off and Mohamed walked out. She didn't know where he went.
- One of Danielle's daughters said she didn't care if Mohamed came back. She felt as if Mohamed was just using Danielle. (This daughter is cool. She seems very smart and sees what's going on.)
- Danielle talked to her sister Sara, who didn't seemed shocked by Mohamed walking out. Danielle seemed to blame herself and said she needed to be a better person.
- Mohamed came back. He was like a whole other person, and not in a good way. He said he can make his own decisions and he seemed to want nothing to do with the cameras. He seemed very unsure of his decision to be with Danielle.
Chelsea and Yamir
- Chelsea and Yamir's wedding day was here! Yamir's family was able to attend.
- Chelsea's dress, which her mom was making, was not done as the wedding approached.
- Yamir's mother said a blessing for his wedding. She seemed so kind and supportive. His family seemed great. Yamir hoped Chelsea wasn't stressed as he prepared - it was so nice.
- Chelsea's mom had to take on some cooking for the wedding, and Chelsea's dress wasn't done as the wedding quickly approached.
- Chelsea cried because her dress wasn't complete and her mom wasn't there to finish it. Fortunately, her mom showed up at the last minute with her skirt.
- Chelsea and Yamir had a beautiful wedding. They wrote their own vows (hers in English, his in Spanish) and they were so sweet. As a couple, they were so real.
Brett and Daya
- Brett and Daya were on the rocks about their marriage after Brett's mom made it clear she didn't want her to marry Daya.
- Daya cried and told Brett that she won't talk to his mom if she comes to visit. And while this makes Daya look bad in a way, I totally understand. Brett and Daya seem to really love each other, even with the rough start they had with the diamond issue. The trouble seemed to make them stronger - Brett finally realized that others may have doubts, but his decision is only between him and Daya.
- Brett and Daya arrived at their wedding venue. However, Brett's mom decided not to attend the wedding.
- Daya, who had family at the wedding, looked happy as she prepared for her big moment.
- They had their wedding ceremony and they both looked so happy. Cassidy was part of the wedding. Even Cassidy looked happy.
- Brett wished his mom was more supportive, and the pair hoped that one day, his mom would accept her.
- Brett joked with Daya and said he wondered if the diamonds in his ring were real. They laughed - they were now able to laugh about that situation.
Justin and Evelin
- Justin and Evelin ended up having Justin's family at their wedding, despite Jason's initial desire to elope.
- When asked if he had cold feet, Justin said he might when he's standing at the aisle, but at the time he didn't. That's a huge change for Justin, who used to not commit to anyone and didn't even tell his family that his Evelin was his fiancee at first.
- Evelin made her appearance to Justin's family in her wedding dress. She looked beautiful and so happy.
- Justin's mom talked about how happy she is to have Evelin in the family. I absolutely loved this.
- Evelin's dress was lovely - very simple. She and Justin had a lovely, simple wedding. It looked perfect for them. Evelin cried with happiness and she told Justin's family that they are her second family.
- This could seems so, so real. It was beautiful to see them get married.
Next week is the tell all during which all the couples will be together. I can't wait!
Tuesday, December 16, 2014
Why would Mohamed (or anyone) go through all of this marriage madness for his sexuality? Well, the US is a largely tolerant country when it comes to sexuality, and many other countries are not. Coming to the states could allow someone such as Mohamed to live a happy life once he's done with the whole Danielle marriage thing.
I'm not 100% on board with this theory (as there are others on the show that give off a potentially gay vibe that Mohamed does not), but I do agree that there is a business side of their arrangement. Danielle's been scammed before so she kind of knows the deal, which should make tricking her at least a little bit difficult this time around.
Viewers of 90 Day Fiance have noted that in an episode, on camera, Danielle is screaming and crying, but as soon as she thinks she's off camera (she's got on a mic but you can't see her), she goes from crying to very firm with Mohamed. I don't personally remember that scene but there was a lot of buzz on social media about it. So is she really smarter than we think and just putting on a show for the camera?
So how would Danielle benefit from this arrangement? Money would be my guess. She clearly doesn't have any, and Mohamed seems much more concerned with not inheriting Danielle's debt than actually being with her. So is she going to inherit some illicit cash from Mohamed in exchange for this relationship? I would say yes. And she probably did fall for him to at least some degree - she seems to genuinely want to be with him, or at least go through the motions, in a way that he certainly does not.
Of course, this still has gaps - Danielle had posted on social media that she needed sponsors to keep Mohamed in the country because they can't afford it. If Mohamed has money, can't they use his? It's possible that they have to prove how they obtained the money, so Mohamed magically coming up with it wouldn't work...but even with that, I'm not convinced.
Okay, so one more thing - do couples get paid to be on 90 Day Fiance? I think they must, because there must be some incentive to air your struggles on camera. Perhaps Danielle and Mohamed have obtaining the cash as part of their deal - they go through with this to "prove" they're legit and then they split the money and live their own lives.
Whatever the story, I haven't found anyone that thinks Danielle and Mohamed are for real. And I honestly can't see this show helping to prove that they are real. So who knows what will happen? We do know they did get married, but we don't know what will happen in two years.
Do you have a Mohamed and Danielle theory? If so, please share it in the comments.
Sunday, December 14, 2014
Jason and Cassia
- Jason and Cassia went to Vegas to get married. Cassia loved being in Vegas.
- In the confessional, Cassia said it's hard when someone gives up everything to be with someone and they don't try, but now things are working.
- Jason's family would be joining them in Vegas, and Cassia was hesitant because some family members had said unkind things about her. But there's the thing - Cassia's been pretty awful!
- Cassia worried about meeting Jason's brother, who had previously made jokes about green cards. He thought the whole thing was a joke at first.
- Jason's brother had actually sent Jason a movie called "Green Card" in response to their relationship. Cassia called him out on it. She said that relationships like hers happen frequently. Eventually, Jason's brother (and other family members) said they accepted Cassia. Although Jason got slammed a bit in the process - a family member was initially skeptical because they thought Jason was just happy to have a girlfriend, insinuating that he can't seem to get one in the US.
- The topic of the bachelor party came up. Cassia wanted them to have a joint party. Jason didn't want that but Cassia got her way. Everyone seemed to have fun so it worked out.
- Jason drank a lot and got sloppy. Cassia tried to stop him but he wasn't having it. He started getting rude. He told Cassia that he was going out with the boys and the girls weren't invited. Cassia was left on her own. She looked very sad. I don't blame her for that - she's alone in a strange place! I actually felt bad at this point - Jason was being a real jerk and choosing alcohol over Cassia. This is not good! Cassia said she doesn't know if she can get married like this.
- Did anyone else notice that Jason and Cassia's shirts said "I'm hitch, biatch"? Grammar, people, grammar! It would be "I'm hitched". And besides that, they aren't hitched yet.
Mohamed and Danielle
- Mohamed and Danielle's wedding day continued after he told Danielle that he was considering not going through with it.
- Danielle was warned that a divorce is expensive so she better be sure about this. Danielle could not be talked out of the wedding. Danielle's family and friends were clearly unsure about this because it looks like a major freaking scam. Danielle said it's important that nobody objects to this wedding but I'm pretty sure EVERYBODY EVER is opposed to this scammy mess.
- Mohamed said it's hard to get married without family and friends because you have nobody to talk to or get advice from. HELLO, DOUBTS!!! Oh, wait, that's not a surprise.
- Mohamed complained that the wedding was not like a wedding in his country, which is much bigger.
- Danielle was late to the ceremony and Mohamed said he felt weird with people looking at him.
- Mohamed said he had strange feelings when he saw Danielle walk down the aisle. He said he'd never thought he'd be getting married.
- Danielle was relieved that Mohamed was there waiting for her.
- While people were obviously opposed to the wedding, nobody spoke up when asked if anyone had any opposition to the wedding for legal reasons. Mohamed noted that he didn't understand how anyone can object when it's his wedding because it's not up to them. Well, really, it's a b**** move to oppose to a wedding at the ceremony, but there are about 10,000 reasons to be opposed to this one.
- OH MY GOSH. OH MY GOSH. OH MY GOSH. When told they could kiss, Mohamed said NO!!!!! NO!!!!! NO!!!! Why? Because it's Ramadan and he can't kiss in front of people. OH MY GOSH. WHATTTTT??? Is this real? Anyone?
- And from this point on, it was real. Mohamed and Danielle got married. Danielle, who had been scammed before and was broke and jobless, and Mohamed, who seems like he was here for all the wrong reasons, were married. Danielle said she's happy to have someone help make decisions about the kids. But everyone else was concerned and didn't think it would last.
- Mohamed said he felt like he has a few family and hoped for the best. But during this confessional, Mohamed had totally dead eyes. No emotion whatsoever. Wow. Just wow.
Danny and Amy
- I know a lot of people have been in the "Is Danny Gay?" camp, but at this point I actually think he's not and he and Amy are legit. Or at least if he is, he's not aware of it.
- Danny and his brother talked about how Danny would be losing his virginity and now it would be sex all the time. Because you know, that's all marriage is. (Sarcasm.)
- Amy got a more realistic talk - she was told that the first time is quick and not always so great.
- Amy got dressed and had her makeup done and she looked amazing.
- Amy walked down the aisle. Amy had a great smile on her face, but Danny had the weirdest smirk and looked into the distance.
- The pair kissed and it was super tame, but I guess that comes with the religious territory. Danny described Amy as "frickin' beautiful".
- Something awesome happened - Danny's dad gave Amy a big hug and kiss on the cheek. YEA!!!! That was so nice given his racist views - he seemed to finally really accept Amy as a part of the family.
- Danny's brother passed the "sex torch" to Danny. It was actually a torch. Amy looked slightly mortified.
Brett and Daya
- Brett and Daya had been busy looking at apartments, prepping for the wedding and picking up Cassidy.
- Brett worried that his mom was still hesitant about Daya after the ring incident, and I'm sure Daya wasn't thrilled that Brett's mom arrived earlier than expected for the wedding.
- Brett's mom said she was worried about Brett getting married because of all the scams out there.
- Brett and Daya moved into their new apartment. It was close to their wedding but they got it done.
- Brett felt tension between his mom and Daya, and worried that his mom didn't approve. (Duh. She doesn't.) Brett sat his mom down to talk, and his mom said three months isn't enough, Brett needs someone who shares his goals and he needs to stand up for himself. Brett totally stood up for Daya. He said she has the discipline for Cassidy that he needs assistance with. His mom insisted that this isn't going to work. Daya heard everything - not a great look. I'm not saying that I don't agree with the red flags, but it still stinks for Daya. Daya also felt like Brett let his mom say those things and didn't stand up for her, although it seems like he kind of did. Daya cried when Brett came into the room and said that they attacked her and that his mom is just being paranoid. If Daya could hear Brett's mom talking, Brett's mom could hear Daya talking, and I think she did. This is turning into a dramatic mess.
- Brett's mom walked into the room as Brett comforted Daya. She said that Daya was misrepresenting her words. Brett, to his credit, asked his mom to leave the room and give them time. Daya said Brett needs to choose between her and his mom. And while this may sound cruel, Daya's not wrong. Men have to grow up and support their wives. When you get married, your spouse is #1 in your life. You can't let your parent talk smack about them. You have to support them and let your mom know that you value her and her opinion, but she needs to respect your life.
- Daya debated going through with the wedding or not. That was a shame because if the pair decides to get married or not, it should be on them. Not because of someone else's opinion.
What a drama filled episode! Next week looks even crazier - Brett and Daya will figure out what to do, and Danielle will cry about Mohamed leaving a family or something, which is weird because my research has shown they're still together. So we will see what goes down!
Monday, December 8, 2014
Okay, so why am I excited? Because Jana, the eldest Duggar daughter, has stayed home as her two younger sisters got married. All kinds of rumors flew, like that Michelle and Jim Bob are keeping her home to care for the kids and that she wants to hold off on dating until the show ends.
I'm also excited because the phrasing of this article is that Jana and Tim Tebow are dating. DATING. So what, you may ask? Well, the other Duggar kids went through quick courtships. Is Jim Bob letting Jana actually have a normal dating relationship? He's clearly in search of more fame and fortune for his family (wow, alliteration!), so it seems that he's willing to set aside his strict morals to obtain that. Or maybe Jana rejected the whole idea of courtship, and this is Jim Bob's way of still keeping Jana under his control. (Jim Bob has met Tim's mom before and they discussed this match.)
Note that I read a blind item on CrazyDaysandNight.net a while back that said a celebrity dad sent pics of his daughter to a sports star almost daily in hopes that they'd date. Perhaps this was Jim Bob and he's getting his way.
I can't wait to see how this plays out! Note that the football player has dated before, but he plans to stay a virgin until marriage. And both families are super religious, so at least they'll have one thing in common.
Update: I read that this is not true and the pair have not met, although their parents have. I hope something does come of it, though!
Oh yeah, and some random stuff that is totally not related but I have to share anyway:
Here's an article about Danielle from 90 Day Fiance. She's apparently been scammed before, so that makes this whole Mohamed thing even weirder.
Also, Teresa Giudice from Real Housewives of New Jersey is suing her lawyer because she feels she was misled and that's why she's going to jail. Riiiight. And you know what always works well? Suing a LAWYER. You know, someone who knows the law really, really well...and knows Teresa broke it.
Sunday, December 7, 2014
Danny and Amy:
- Amy noted that the time leading up to the wedding is stressful.
- Danny recapped that the meeting between Amy and his dad (who does not approve of interracial marriage) did not go well.
- Amy's family arrived. There were lots of them! Amy worried about them meeting Danny's parents.
- The initial meeting seemed to go well, with Danny's mom being nice and his dad appearing to be quiet.
- Danny made a speech to everyone, thanking Amy's mom for raising her and celebrating their families coming together, even if some people were hesitant.
- Danny's mom said she'd treat Amy as a daughter, but Danny's dad seemed ready to write them off. He said it's not too late to get cold feet.
- Still, when Amy's mom discussed the old tradition of dowries and what Amy would be worth, Danny's dad laughed and everyone got along. And he seemed to open up to Amy.
Justin and Evelin:
- Justin took Evelin on a hot air balloon ride as a surprise.
- In the balloon, Evelin said she wants Justin's mom at the wedding. Justin agreed!
- The pair sat down with Justin's mom and told her she'd be invited to the wedding. She was so happy. Still, Justin's mom pressed for more family members to be invited. It worked though, because Justin realized he did want to have his family at the wedding.
Danielle and Mohamed:
- Mohamed went to see a lawyer to understand what would happen when he married Danielle, given that she doesn't have a job.
- Mohamed was advised that if he doesn't get married, he has to leave the US. He asked how long until he can get a green card. Mohamed was told it takes a long time because of immigration fraud. Additionally, the spouses have responsibilities to each other in relation to property and debt. He was advised that the could be held responsible for anything Danielle does post-marriage. Mohamed said he had to think about whether or not he should get married.
- Mohamed thought about going back to his country. He said on his phone that he never wanted to come to America and he doesn't know what to do. Danielle was hysterical, saying that people came out that day to see them get married. Mohamed said he's stuck and this is the biggest decision he's ever made.
- Danielle cried and said it's not fair what he's doing, waiting until the day of the wedding to decide. And at this unfortunate moment, the episode of 90 Day Fiance ended. Not cool. (SPOILER: It seems they did get married. I also saw a rumor that Danielle is pregnant but I tend to not believe that...or at least hope it's not true. I also read that they sleep in separate rooms 'for religious reasons' even post wedding, so we don't really know what's true.)
Chelsea and Yamir:
- Chelsea planned for her wedding. Her dress would be comprised of a lace top from Nicaragua and a skirt her mom would make.
- Chelsea talked to her mom about what the music producers told Yamir when he visited them - he doesn't stand a chance if he stays in Chelsea's small town. Chelsea was concerned about money. Chelsea's mom told Chelsea to think of Yamir and what he sacrificed to be with Chelsea.
- Chelsea and Yamir planned their wedding day.
- They sat down to discuss their life. Chelsea said going to Chicago is a cool idea but at the time, it felt like rushing. She said it could be an issue trying to stay afloat. Yamir said he was sat and felt helpless. He said he'd spend a year working on his English and doing whatever it takes so they can move to Chicago and he can follow his dream.
Brett and Daya:
- Brett and Daya decided they need their own place so they went apartment hunting.
- The apartment they saw was awesome. Daya was clearly impressed. They decided to go for it.
Jason and Cassia:
- Jason took Cassia to an auction because it would combine work and play. Cassia was bored. She wanted to leave and Jason was clearly annoyed because this is part of his livelihood.
- Cassia got emotional when talking to the confessional about missing her family.
- Jason came out to see Cassia crying. Cassia explained that going to the auction together is not fun, but Jason said it's fun because they're together. I kind of side with Cassia here - her tagging along with Jason isn't fun; they have to do things together. But I'm sure there's a lot we're not seeing off camera.
Thursday, December 4, 2014
Here's what I took away from the show - which is really just some pseudo-quotes and anecdotes:
One girl gets blessed by her mom before big events, saying something about Jesus' blood being on her. That takes a really long time.
One of the Greek dads was just like any other dad - he wished his daughter would cover up and be more domestic, rather than partying.
The show states that many people are related, and one guy said something about a girl, to which is friend replied something like, "ew, that's my cousin."
This crowd has big parties with a distinctively Greek edge, like they break plates and throw napkins and money or something.
I think an underage girl was drinking and called the cops, therefore getting herself in trouble. Okay, then.
We saw people fighting, people making out, people flirting...drama, drama, drama.
I have to say - I can see why the Greek community was concerned about this atrocity of a show. But like anything else, if people understand that this is reality TV (and therefore not real) and depicts a very particular subset of the Greek community, it can be watched for entertainment value only.
Monday, December 1, 2014
Here's a quick recap of 90 Day Fiance:
Jason and Cassia:
- Jason and Cassia went to the beach. Jason noted that he took Cassia's concerns seriously about not spending enough time together, so he changed that.
- Cassia was shocked that people weren't in bikinis like she's used to.
- Things look much more positive for the pair; Jason even turned off his phone for a bit (he's attached to it), but Cassia was still concerned.
- Cassia said no way to Jason going out for a bachelor party. He tried to convince her but she said it's not part of her culture, so it's a no.
Justin and Evelin:
- Justin talked about eloping but Evelin wasn't loving the idea - she thinks it's important for Justin's mom to be involved.
- Evelin went wedding dress shopping with Justin's mom, who loves her and think she'll be a good influence on Justin.
- Evelin got emotional talking about missing her family.
Danielle and Mohamed:
- Danielle and Mohamed came up with a less expensive way to have their wedding. They will go to the courthouse to get married, then go for Mohamed's working visa.
- Danielle found an inexpensive wedding dress that I think was better than the ones we saw in previous episodes.
- Danielle's son said she doesn't think Mohamed loves his mom and he's concerned.
- The pair looked for wedding rings on a budget. They ended up choosing silver rings under $200 each.
- Danielle took Mohamed aside to give him bad news. She let him read the letter she received - she was let go from her job. Mohamed asked why - did she do something wrong? Danielle said they felt she wasn't good enough. Mohamed said she isn't serious about work which is why she lost her job. Mohamed told Danielle he doesn't want to be in this situation and he didn't realize life in the US was so hard. He told the confessional he felt like he was wasting his time. He told Danielle he needs to think about whether or not they should get married.
Danny and Amy:
- Living apart was taking a toll on the couple so they decided to move up the wedding.
- Danny said his mom was very happy about his wedding but his dad would have reservations because of Amy's race.
- The pair met up with Danny's parents. Danny's mom was very happy. Danny's dad talked about race issues. He asked if Amy is ready to be in an interracial couple in America, where it's not accepted. (Um, some of us see no problem with it!) As much as Danny's dad was unsupportive, Danny's mom was very supportive.
- Amy explained that she's from a city, although people think otherwise when she says she's from Africa.
Brett and Daya:
- Daya and Cassia were finally getting a long, and Brett said they feel like a family. Therefore, the wedding plans can move forward.
- They looked at a wedding venue and agreed to include Cassidy in the wedding ceremony.
- Brett had Daya meet his friend Sue, who was skeptical of Daya.
- Daya told Sue she's heard a lot about her and Sue said the same. Daya said she hopes all good things...and then there was an awkward pause. Sue talked to Daya to say this better be real, and Daya insisted that it is.
- Brett had to pack up the car to bring Cassidy home, and he was heartbroken.
- Daya would also miss Cassidy - she said she was selfish before meeting Cassidy, but now she's different.
I hear that Danielle and Mohamed did actually get married...I kind of can't believe it.
Update: They did. See here: http://starcasm.net/archives/295592
I just finished watching tonight's episode of MTV's Catfish (8/20/13) with Jesse and Brian, and I'm left feeling somewhat less t...
On February 17, 2012, TLC aired an episode of Four Weddings that featured four women with very different visions for their weddings. From ...
You Have Questions About Abby Lee Miller and Cathy Stein From Dance Moms? Less Than Reality Has Answers!After looking into what some readers are searching online about Dance Moms, I gathered some information about Abby Lee Miller and Cathy Stei...