I tried watching MTV's new show Scrubbing In and I couldn't even do it. Like, I watched part of the episode and then gave up. There are a few reasons for this:
- I realize reality shows are fake, but because I understand some aspects of travel nursing, the fakeness level is evident to me. For example, you have to apply for travel nursing jobs and get placed. They aren't going to just pick you and your whole group of best friends and take you all together.
- Per my friend who works as a travel nurse, they wouldn't just take a bunch of young, new travel nurses (not to mention that you need to do some time before you even qualify to travel) and put them in a house together. The experiences my friend had didn't even provide housing - they gave her a housing stipend.
- It seems unlikely that they'd let someone move to another state and start a nursing job without his or her license for that state. Those checks and balances are taken care of before someone begins to travel.
- The drama is over the top. The episode practically opened by announcing that hospitals are crazy and doctors and nurses are doing each other all over the place. While this isn't necessarily untrue, it's painting a pretty bad picture of people who do a lot of work to save people in need.
- The sequencing is disjointed and hard to follow, and the most notable thing to me is that most of the women (with the exception of one person in flats) were wearing really tall heels.
I will not be watching this show. It's not painting a pretty picture of some of the strongest people in this country.
On Hollywood Darlings (which is an improvised comedy, not reality), the girls drank a charcoal drink, which Jodie hated. Someone came up to ...
I would never say that My Big Fat American Gypsy Wedding is a positive thing for American Gypsies. It, along with Gypsy Sisters, paints a pr...
On February 17, 2012, TLC aired an episode of Four Weddings that featured four women with very different visions for their weddings. From ...
In July 2009, I wrote an open letter to Jamie Sterling, mother of AshLynn and BreAnne Sterling, the twins featured on Toddlers and Tiaras. ...