After looking into what some readers are searching online about Dance Moms, I gathered some information about Abby Lee Miller and Cathy Stein, stars of Lifetime's Dance Moms, and packed it into this post.
Abby Lee Miller formed the Abby Lee Dance Company at the age of fourteen. Many professional dancers have graduated from her school. Abby estimates that she's taught as many as 4,000 students throughout her career. Abby's mother Maryen Lorrain Miller was a dance instructor, and Abby followed in her footsteps. In fact, Abby's studio used to be the Maryen Lorrain Dance Studio.
Abby does not like to be onstage, which she says helps her to be a better dance teacher. She understands dance, but has no desire to compete with her students. This was confirmed when Cathy invited Abby to dance onstage and Abby declined, although she said she couldn't dance for insurance reasons.
Abby Lee's website can be found at AbbyLeeDanceCompany.com. The confusing part of this is the website says the dance school is the 'Reign Dance' company. I wonder if the Abby Lee team is just the competition side of the house, whereas the Reign Dance school encompasses everything. The Reign Dance company also has another website, ReignDanceProductions.com.
Thinking of sending your kids to Abby's dance school? A mom on the show stated that she pays $16,000 a year for dance lessons for her daughter, so I hope you have some serious cash!
Abby's not all about being mean. She states in one episode that her mom is nice to everyone but her, which could explain where some of her attitude came from. In a later episode, she broke down and showed sadness when she heard her mom was in the hospital but she couldn't visit due to competitions.
While Abby focuses strongly on dance, she does want her students to have some fun. She and the Dance Moms girls visited Abby's mom, and Abby encouraged them to play games in the pool. She also took the girls out for ice cream in Las Vegas.
Abby is single. She is not married.
Abby Lee's Facebook account can be found here.
Cathy's full name is Cathy Jean Nesbitt-Stein. Her husband, Mike Stein, is an insurance adjuster. Cathy is a fan of Victorian themed things, Easter and bunnies.
Cathy's Facebook account can be found here.
Cathy owns Candy Apples Dance Studios, and the website for the company can be found here. I am not sure if the correct name is "Candy Apple's" or "Candy Apples" because the main header calls the studio "Candy Apple's", whereas other graphics say "Candy Apples".
The site claims that the school is "Stark County’s ONLY #1 Dance Studio!" which would be fine, if not a redundant statement. If the school is number 1, then it doesn't need to be stated that it's the only one with the honor. Otherwise, it wouldn't be number one or it would be tied for first place.
Candy Apples dance school is clearly different than the Abby Lee Dance Company program. The website advertises that the dance school features fun dance classes at affordable prices, whereas Abby focuses on serious dancing at high prices. It seems like Candy Apple dance school provides a fun environment that helps kids build self esteem, which is a principle that Cathy believes in.
Cathy's daughter Vivi-anne's full name is Vivi-Anne Quinn Stein. This information can be found on the Candy Apples website. To answer the heavily asked question about Vivi-anne being adopted, she is adopted from Guatemala.
Vivi seems like she's just not that into dancing. In fact, when asked if she'd like to be a professional dancer, she said she'd rather teach. She also likes science and aspires to be a doctor.
Cathy certainly makes it seem like she's been planted on Dance Moms. In an interview, she stated some information that makes it looked like she was being cast for the show, rather than already being a party of Abby Lee's dance school.
Q. Were you a big reality-show viewer before doing this?
A. I was not. I think the biggest one I watched was “John and Kate Plus 8.” But when this opportunity came up, I decided to go for it and grab the gusto. You know the drama comes with the territory. It was a crazy experience.
- Adore Me (Lingerie / Swim)
- Amazon (Shopping)
- BeFrugal (Save Money)
- Belle and Clive (Shopping)
- Beyond The Rack (Shopping)
- Fabletics (Workout Gear)
- Gilt Groupe (Shopping)
- Golden Tote (Shopping)
- Groupon (Experiences)
- HauteLook (Shopping)
- Ideeli (Shopping)
- Ipsy (Makeup)
- JustFab (Shoes & Fashion)
- MyHabit (Shopping)
- No More Rack (Shopping)
- RueLaLa (Shopping)
- Spa Finder (Spas)
- UPromise (Save For College)
- Vistaprint (Custom Printing)
- Wantable (Shopping)
- Zaggora (Workout Gear)
- Zulily (Shopping)
- Zumba Clothes (Workout Gear)
- ► 2014 (96)
- ► 2013 (116)
- ► 2012 (133)
- Bachelor Pad: Some Random Tidbits from the 8/29/11...
- The Millionaire Matchmaker 8/29/11: We Actually Ha...
- Attention, Nannies Who Want To Be Famous! Lifetime...
- Toddlers and Tiaras: National Gold Coast Grand Fin...
- Dance Moms 8/24/11: Starpower at the Mohegan Sun i...
- This Week In Reality Television: Mini-Reviews
- My Email Interview With Erica Rose, The Coolest Co...
- The Millionaire Matchmaker 8/22/11: A Guy Who Sell...
- The Glee Project Finale 8/21/11: Glee-ality
- Cast Members of The Real Housewives of New Jersey:...
- H8R: The Show That Pairs Celebrities With Their En...
- This Week In Review: Some Random Stuff
- Dance Moms vs. Toddlers and Tiaras
- Abercrombie and Fitch Makes an Enemy of Mike Sorre...
- Dance Moms: The Starpower Competition, The Last Re...
- Is Reality TV Partly To Blame For Russell Armstron...
- Downsized: Season Two Premiere 8/16/11
- A Comment Left On One Of My Toddlers and Tiaras Re...
- Sneak Preview: Dina's Party on HGTV
- The Millionaire Matchmaker is Back in California -...
- The Glee Project: Generosity 8/14/11
- Russian Dolls on Lifetime: It's Like What Jersey S...
- Reality TV Today: We Love Our Unknowns!
- Toddlers and Tiaras: Choosing the Best Pageant Chi...
- Dance Moms: Abby Lee Makes the Moms Dance
- Was Crystal Harris Wrong For How She Handled Her B...
- Bachelor Pad 2 Season Premiere - 8/8/11
- The Real Housewives of New Jersey 8/7/11: Pettines...
- The Glee Project: Believability - 8/7/11
- I Would Love To Interview Some Reality Stars...Jus...
- You Have Questions About Abby Lee Miller and Cathy...
- Toddlers and Tiaras: Glamorous Beauties Pageant in...
- Patti Stanger: Is The Millionaires Club Not As Rea...
- Yesterday was JERZDAY. To-oday is Friday. We, we, ...
- AHH! How Did I Miss That Erica Rose - My Favorite ...
- Dance Moms: Onstage NY Competition in Pittsburgh, ...
- ▼ August (36)
- ► 2010 (190)
- ► 2009 (30)
Powered by Blogger.