Jenelle and Kailyn of Teen Mom 2 make about $9,000 a season, compared to the $140,000 salary made by Amber Portwood.
So why do the new girls of Teen Mom 2 make less than Amber Portwood of season one? Here's my opinion:
* Leah, Jenelle, Kailyn and Chelsea are stepping into an already successful franchise, which makes them less valuable. The first set of girls on 16 and Pregnant started the wave and got themselves into the franchise not knowing what to expect. These girls are entertaining on Teen Mom, but they can't top Amber, Farrah, Maci and Catelynn.
* The girls are less scandalous. We saw pics of Jenelle in a bikini, but we saw Amber nude. Jenelle does drugs on screen, but Farrah got her mom arrested. Teen Mom season one has more drama and madness.
* Teen Mom 2 girls aren't as interesting. While we hope for the best for Leah and Corey, Jenelle and Chelsea make us feel frustrated. (Jenelle because of her awful choices, and Chelsea because of her mistakes with her ex-boyfriend.) Kailyn and Jo, unfortunately, are kind of forgettable. They've got drama but there's nothing over the top exciting like we got from Amber Portwood.
* Leah's a bit like Maci, and while we like her, we already have Maci herself. It's not hard to draw the comparisons - they're both sweet, pretty blondes that you want to succeed. You feel for them. But that being said, they're easy to lump into the category noted above.
* What was more exciting - the first handheld video game console or the sixty millionth version of the Nintendo DS to hit stores? I feel kind of the same way about Teen Mom 2. It's good, but the original was way more exciting when it came out.
* Teen Mom season 2 has less variety. Catelynn and Tyler threw the adoption story into the mix for season 1 - there isn't that break in season 2.
This being said, Teen Mom season 2 still brings in high ratings and loads of cash for MTV, but I still don't think it's as novel or entertaining as Teen Mom season 1.
I just finished watching tonight's episode of MTV's Catfish (8/20/13) with Jesse and Brian, and I'm left feeling somewhat less t...
On February 17, 2012, TLC aired an episode of Four Weddings that featured four women with very different visions for their weddings. From ...
You Have Questions About Abby Lee Miller and Cathy Stein From Dance Moms? Less Than Reality Has Answers!After looking into what some readers are searching online about Dance Moms, I gathered some information about Abby Lee Miller and Cathy Stei...